Neverwinter Nights (was Re: [H-GEN] While we're at it)

Sarah Walters sarah at uow.edu.au
Wed Oct 23 00:57:21 EDT 2002

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 02:27:33PM +1000, Rodney wrote:
> Hi Sandra,
> I would like to know what you think of and how easy to install on both
> freebsd and debian, please.
> Rodney.

I've got it running very smoothly under FreeBSD at home. There's a howto
describing setup of nwn including firewall configuration which is linked to
from this page, which also contains other useful info:
http://nwn.bioware.com/links/viewcat.html?c=9

You will need the latest linux emulation port. Needs to be RH7 to work.
Just update the port and it should be fine. If anything it runs better
under FreeBSD than under linux, but that could be that I patched it when
my husband and I changed our home server over to FreeBSD.

--
Regards,

Mrs Sarah Walters
Systems Group