[H-GEN] Challange for you

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Tue Oct 22 08:40:15 EDT 2002

I have deleted Harry's original message, so I cannot refer to it. But IIRC
he was asking if there was someone willing to do the work he wanted and
was offering to pay. So I'm not sure he really needed to be educated to
either 'write it himself' or to 'pay someone else'. I think he was already
well aware of this.

I am sure Harry will correct me if this was not his starting premise.

Nevertheless, Bruce makes a good point that the rt mailing lists might be
a better place to ask. However, I'm not sure of the etiquette in these
situations. How would Open Source developers on this list react if someone
posted 'Hi, I'd like XYZ feature and would be willing to pay for it to be
done?'?

Cheers,

Raymond