[H-GEN] A challenge for me :)

3 Blokes gerbil at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 19 19:41:28 EDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Jericho" <david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au>
To: <general at lists.humbug.org.au>
Sent: Friday, October 18, 2002 11:26 PM
Subject: Re: [H-GEN] Challange for you

> What I did on Friday when a fellow workmate came up with a suggestion
> like that, was to drop my copy of Learning Perl, along with
> Programming Perl onto his desk.
>
> Seriously, the best way to get something closer to what you want, is
> to start it yourself, and contribute the changes back. Open Source is very
> much a "Build it and they will come" mentality.

I totally agree with what you have said David, and I love the though that
mabye I can give something back to all these geniuses that are making the
software that I use everyday for free, and I was wondering if you(or anyone
for that matter) can point me in the right direction, i.e what language to
get started with(the easiest if possible :)) and possibly what resources you
would recommend, see I did a fair bit of Visual Basic programming a while
back, but I found that most of the documentation I collected was either
wrong, or too hard to understand. If you could help me out I would return
the favor if/when you ever need something, if you choose to ignore this
E-mail then thats fine also!

   Thanks,
             Joe Skilton