[H-GEN] Postfix question.

Harry Phillips hphillips at 4ward.com.au
Tue Oct 15 00:52:12 EDT 2002

I have postfix installed and it is being used as the local SMTP server,
everything is working great. Now I want to add a feature and have
absolutely no idea where to even start.

I have setup my local linux box on dial-up and configured it's domain to
be 4ward.bogus so that it doesn't stuff up the real DNS etc. I have my
real domain (4ward.com.au) hosted.

I want to be able send mail to userA at 4ward.com.au using the local SMTP
server. Well, I can already do that but I don't want it to fling it off
to the wild blue yonder and then wait for it to come back from my domain
host via fetchmail.

What I want postfix to do is when it receives mail from a local client
addressed to userA at 4ward.com.au that it passes the mail straight onto
local user 'billy'. That way mail that is local stays local.

Regards
Harry

---