[H-GEN] Some clues needed about WINE

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Mon Oct 14 05:01:01 EDT 2002

Edwin Groothuis wrote:

| VMWare? Or was that already banned before the original message was posted?

Dunno about banned.  But what I've read about people trying to
do stuff with VMWare under FreeBSD is not encouraging.  Nor is
the amount of overhead involved.  I'm just trying to run a
single application on my laptop.  As it's something that I'd use
in between sequences of laps on a race track, the laptop would
most likely be switched off in between runs of the software
anyway, so it's not hard to choose Windows for those boots.  I
was just hoping to be able to avoid using Windows, if there was
a simple way to accomplish that.

Greg