[H-GEN] CVS is very very slow ...

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Thu Oct 10 02:28:53 EDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 10, 2002 at 03:35:04PM +1000, Ewan Edwards wrote:
> The developers tell me that checking files out of the repository works well
> and very quickly, but checking in (commit) is extraordinarily slow.  I'm told
> "a minute or two for just a few k".  These operations should be taking a
> second or two.  From what I've observed the "minute or two" has nothing to do
> with the size of the file.

Do you have a notification mechanism somewhere which reports the
hostname of the user commiting? And, are the new IP addresses not
yet resolvable?

Run tcpdump (yes, on the cvspserver because that's more or less
understandable) and see if you can find out where it stalls.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin at mavetju.org    |    Weblog: http://www.mavetju.org/weblog/weblog.php