[H-GEN] AGM

Matthew Taylor bmatthewtaylor at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 4 10:43:29 EDT 2002

>and the perenial incorporation debate.

I know there's 1001 reasons why we should become 'incorporated' but
having seen issues that arise in other 'incorporated' clubs a (small)
voice of caution. The big thing I like with humbug is it's 'informal'
gathering, focus on technical issues, and the quality of people I've
bumped into. If we get too formal I'm guessing we'll over-regulate
ourselves and stifle the creative reasons humbug formed in the first place.

That said a re-read of the club constitution shows it is a well thought
out document, better than some others I've seen.

Mat.
[heading interstate for a few months but popping back regularly.]

http://sbc.yahoo.com