[H-GEN] Emacs Lisp and Regular Expressions

john duncan agley at austarmetro.com.au
Tue Nov 26 01:06:08 EST 2002

Dear List,
          I have tried reading the Emacs Lisp Manual to check this out
but came away confused.

          I have been using Gnus for mail and news with a sorting rule
like the one following,

(setq nnmail-split-methods
      '(("humbug" "To:.*general at lists.humbug.org.au")
        ("newbies" "To:.*openbsd-newbies at sfobug.org")
        ("other" "")))

          The other day I saw an article which seemed to say that I
should be escaping the dots in the domain names with double slashes.
          Is this right?

                             Your's in confusion,
                                John Duncan