[H-GEN] modifying the hardware setup

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Tue Nov 19 04:01:07 EST 2002

just a quick query to clarify things so i don't screw them up.
if i wanted to install a 2nd hard drive to use it as a fileserver, would it
be wiser to move /home to it and make some generic directories under that
to share, or to mount the drive as something completely different under the
root directory? Ideally I want to run public samba shares and an intranet
website on it.

Also, has anyone ever installed norton ghost (or a free program that does
same if one exists) to a samba share and used it to do multicasting? We do
this at work with our netware servers (minus the multicasting) and it is great.

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne
"I'm finding my way back to sanity again,
Though I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there"
       -- Lifehouse - "Breathing"