[H-GEN] Mozilla, style sheets, and Microsoft's knowledge base

Rick Phillips rickp at sunstatestamps.com.au
Sat Nov 16 16:25:56 EST 2002

> G'day all,
> I think hp computers come with only a sort of windows cd - not a micro
> soft oem cd.

I think the term is more correctly "a modified microsoft windows"

> So I suppose it is legal to have a computer without a proper ms system
> cd

But a legal copy of windows nevertheless.  It is a form of windows
called a "recovery disc" and every computer MUST have one.  It has NEVER
been legal to sell a windows box without an original OS disc, whatever
form it takes.  Microsoft prosecutes almost weekly, those who sell
computers that are "preloaded" but without the accompanying original
recovery or oem disc.

Rick