[H-GEN] conventional wisdom

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Wed Nov 13 20:28:23 EST 2002

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 10:23:42AM +1000, Michael Anthon wrote:
> Why the restriction to one user?  I use this exact setup with multidrop and
> it works wonderfully.

Well, in my particular instance I am only delivering to a single user.
I let my exim filter rules take care of any local maildir redirection I
care for.

Once instance the multidrop doesn't work very well is when the local
part of your email address you share with the world is not the same as
your local username. Of course, this can be solved with aliases[1]

[1] User aliases are like cow poo. Best left untouched.[2]
[2] sales@, info@ and so on are not users nor should they be.[3]
[3] This is why IMAP has shared folders.[4]
[4] Your free extra footnote.

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Bytecomm Pty Ltd

--
Scanned and found clear of viruses by ENTIREScan.  http://www.entirescan.com/