[H-GEN] How can I send a message with s u b s c r i b e in the text?

Bruce Campbell bc at humbug.org.au
Tue Nov 12 04:05:14 EST 2002

On 29 Oct 2002, Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

> Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> writes:
>
> > On a couple of recent occasions, I have seen messages (from me
> > and others) delayed for many hours before being sent out.  They
> > have all had some subset of s u b s c r i b e[1] in the text and
> > I'd really like to see this "feature" turned off.

> PS:  The list admins are discussing this issue right now.  We'll get
>      back to you.

After we had a look at the various patterns, I've made changes to certain
patterns to mostly bind them to the start of the line (plus possible
whitespace), and cut the number of lines that majordomo checks for such
from 10 to 3.

We now return you to your regularly-scheduled mails on the humbug general
list.

--==--
Bruce.