[H-GEN] SmartCard reader software

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon May 20 04:16:46 EDT 2002

On Mon, 20 May 2002, Greg Black wrote:

> | What is the smartcard reader?  I got a Gem+ reader recognised by the
> | system.  This at work and as it wasn't really need UI didn't play with the
> | readers under unix anymore, but from memory Gem+ did claim unix support.
>
> It's a Gemplus GemPC410-SL with a serial interface and a patch
> cable that goes between the keyboard and the PS/2 port -- I have
> not yet attempted to communicate with it.

It sounds alot like the one I have sitting next to this (Linux) box.  Like
I said, I got the reader recognised (as I recall it, it was ages ago) but
haven't tried reading cards with it.  I did a web search & came up with a
driver.  A bit of compiling later & I was away.  As it is esentially a
serial device I can't see too much OS dependency in there.

The only reason it is still there is that we have gobs of them & there was
no need to remove it :)  It sits there flashing at me :)

Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   blake: up 1 day, 19:44,  2 users,  load average: 1.02, 1.02, 1.02