[H-GEN] Managing multiple child processes with perl

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Tue May 14 02:49:45 EDT 2002

Thanks to those that gave me some pointers.  I struggled with this a bit
today but eventually[1] got something that seems to work.  If anyone wants to
look the test script I wrote is here
http://tamsdev.pwcglobal.com.au/mca/multiprocessgzip.pl

Like I said, it seems to work but if anyone can see anything glaringly bad
please let me know !

Cheers
Michael

[1] At one stage I had a nice little fork bomb running, it got to about 1000
gzip processes all trying to zip one of 10 files before I figured out how
to kill it off... whoops!