[H-GEN] Best Easy Firewall

Mon May 6 09:49:55 EDT 2002

Folks,

rodney> Which Firewall is the best , secure and easy for setting ?

greg> If you want all this in one hit, removing the wire that connects
greg> you to the rest of the world is the clear winner.

Unfortunately, if you're unable or unwilling to take Greg's good
advice, your answer lies in greater understanding of what can be
done and what you need to do.  A product that may suit me may be
completely unsuitable for you and your circumstances.

You should think about Security as part of your use of computers
and even more generally.  It isn't something you can get by just
installing a particular piece of software or employing firewalls
and other such tools.

The following is a good introduction to some basics; however, we
are talking about an area in which experts are still learning as
they go, so you must pay attention and relate the general advice
to your own personal circumstances.

    http://www.cert.org/tech_tips/home_networks.html

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter  | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au | what you think I said, but I am not sure
gpg key id F2FEBB36 | you realise that what you  heard  is not
mobile 0411 262 316 | what I meant.        Robert J. McCloskey