[H-GEN] Debian v Mandrake

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Mar 20 22:07:11 EST 2002

Robert Kearey wrote:

| > My machines record dozens of attempted Linux exploits every day.
|
| Interesting, that. What are these Linux specific exploits you speak of?

In my current logs, the most popular one seems to be the one
against rpc.statd.  I don't have time right now to go trawling
for others.

Don't take my remark as an anti-Linux statement.  It was fair
comment in the original context.  I also log thousands of
attempted Windows exploits every day.  And I also log and deal
with exploits against my operating systems of choice.

Beyond that, I also deal with tens of thousands of just plain
stupid packets every day from misconfigured Windows boxes that
are not trying to attack me (and probably don't even know
they're leaking information so badly) but which still hammer on
my networks.

Greg