[H-GEN] fowarding port 80

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Tue Mar 19 01:25:40 EST 2002

Hi Nikolai,

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 14:20, Nikolai Lusan wrote:
> In this case I am willing to bet it puts a linux box between the
> world and a machine that is actually running IIS, this way none of
> those nasty remote access exploits that let people "own" ms machine
> become moot points.

That looks like a lot of effort to work around the problem.
If a Linux box is being set up, why not just use Apache there?
Or, if the main machine has to be Windows, why not just use the Windows
version of Apache, replacing IIS? Work just fine.

Regards,
Arjen.

--
Get MySQL Training Worldwide, http://www.mysql.com/training/