[H-GEN] fowarding port 80

Joel Michael joel at diggy.com.au
Mon Mar 18 20:26:16 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-03-19 at 10:57, David Thorndike wrote:
> I have a debian router here and I want it to pass all port 80 requests
> through to another box on my internal network, Is this possible and if so,
> can anyone help me or suggest any good docs to help me get it working.

Depending on the kernel version, you'll either need to hit the
documentation about iptables or ipmasqadm (I think, it's been a while)

Run 'uname -r'.

If it reports 2.4.something, read up on iptables - either the man page,
specifically the dnat sections, or the howto's at
http://netfilter.samba.org/.

If it reports 2.2.something, you'll need to read up on ipmasqadm.  It's
been a very long time since I've played with ipmasqadm (it may not even
be ipmasqadm at all), so someone else may know exactly where to start
your digging.

Cheers!
--
Joel Michael			|  Phone:	+61 7 3367 3555
Systems Administrator		|  Fax:		+61 7 3367 3544
http://www.worldhosting.org/	|  Email:	joel at diggy.com.au