[H-GEN] bombardment

ben.carlyle at invensys.com ben.carlyle at invensys.com
Tue Mar 12 05:27:45 EST 2002

G'day Martin,

If you're noticing slowdowns, particarlly if the network is unresponsive
for short periods then returns to normal operation, you may have to
consider kernel bugs or hardware problems. The device driver I use for my
laptop network card appears to be at fault in a kind of network halt that
occurs under high traffic conditions but clears its self automatically
after a timeout. This problem doesn't affect me often as I make use of the
full bandwidth of the card very rarely, but a more intensive purpose for
my machine would yield very ugly results. You may find that poor
performance is not due to any external factor at all...

Benjamin.

Bradley Marshall <zzbramar at uqconnect.net>
Sent by: Majordomo <majordom at caliburn.humbug.org.au>
12/03/02 14:22