[H-GEN] Samba & Printers

Everist, Geoff everistg at switch.aust.com
Sat Mar 9 00:36:15 EST 2002

Couple of suggestions that are working very well for us at the moment....

1. Get the lastest version of Samba (we are currently using 2.2.3a). There
have been many improvements in printer handling and compatility with Win2K
boxen.
2. At the risk of starting a printing holy war, get CUPS. It integrates
nicely with Samba at the moment, is a breeze to set up, and has some very
nice web based admin tools.

HTH,

Regards
Geoff Everist