Mozilla (Re: [H-GEN] What can i use instead of SSHD?)

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Thu Jun 27 21:28:55 EDT 2002

Can anyone find any official CSS2, DOM1, or DOM2 compliance tests. I can
find the CSS Compliance Tests on W3's site but they seem to only cover
CSS1. All this talk of which browser is 'more compliant' is bollocks
without some independent test suite to compare against because all we have
are the anecdotal experiences of particular people using particular sites.

On 28 Jun 2002, David Jericho wrote:
> *shrug* If as a web designer you haven't realised that at this point
> in time, you have to design for browsers, and not a standard, they're
> hardly paying attention.

With respect, this is the sort of pragmatism that leads to designers
eschewing standards-based mark-up in favour of latest bell-and-whistle
from Microsoft (or in the old days Netscape). By all means use only the
features that work well with your target browser, but please use only
those supported features that are standard and most especially those that
work well with the accessibility guidelines.

Cheers,

Raymond
---
raymond at humbug.org.au     "Try, or try not. There is no do." -- said during
                          a linux.conf.au 2002 organising committee meeting