[H-GEN] What can i use instead of SSHD?

Mark Suter suter at zwitterion.humbug.org.au
Thu Jun 27 02:30:14 EDT 2002

Folks,

    http://www.debian.org/security/2002/dsa-134

> Seems to me like SSH is becoming more insecure than FTP/HTTP/Telnet
> Im wondering what else i could use instead of SSHD

Fundamentally, ssh is more useful and secure than plain telnet.
The vulnerability reported is serious, but not exploitable in
many cases.  Good security practices, like Defence in Depth,
would have protect most people from this vulnerability.

Alternatives should be considered - one such alternative is
telnet-ssl.

    http://packages.debian.org/stable/non-us/telnet-ssl.html

Yours sincerely,

-- Mark John Suter  | I know that you  believe  you understand
suter at humbug.org.au | what you think I said, but I am not sure
gpg key id 2C71D63D | you realise that what you  heard  is not
mobile 0411 262 316 | what I meant.        Robert J. McCloskey