[H-GEN] 'unlocking' hung cdburner process

Matthew Taylor bmatthewtaylor at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 26 17:46:09 EDT 2002

Nikolai Lusan wrote:
[snip]

>lets carfully define "hung" here, do you meant that the cdrecord
>proccess is running and has not returned? Is the main problem that you
>can't access your burner device?

alas overnight power outage forced a reboot and I did not note the
process state. I dont recall seeing the 'D' flag on the process listing.

another read of man ps revealed many potential 'tricks' for ps, tho I
did like the
'I_WANT_A_BROKEN_PS' environment variable, surely an opportunity to play
a prank on an innocent user.