[H-GEN] E Smith Hacked

Sandra Milne silne at optushome.com.au
Tue Jun 18 04:31:42 EDT 2002

At 16:28 18/06/2002 +1000, you wrote:

>We ran a Stealth test and the system seemed pretty tight.
>port 443 https, port 25 smpt, port 113 ident and port 5000 upnp were
>either open
>or 'not sealed'?
>But I guess there has to be some open ports for the info to get into here.
>Does this all sound normal?

I never have port 25 open, unless it's completely by accident.
I would never have any http port of any sort (including https) open to the
outside world.
UPNP was reported as buggy to microsoft within 24 hours of Windohs XP
release. I neither need nor want this port open. (My fridge doesn't plug
into the home network yet, nor will it ever I suspect.)

Sandra.

silne at optushome.com.au
ICQ: 7632763
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne