[H-GEN] ADSL modems suitable for Linux

Geoff Everist everistg at switch.aust.com
Mon Jun 10 21:34:45 EDT 2002

Robert Brockway <robert at timetraveller.org>
Sent by: Majordomo <majordom at caliburn.humbug.org.au>
11/06/2002 10:04
Please respond to general

        To:     geoff at everist.net
        cc:
        Subject:        [H-GEN] ADSL modems suitable for Linux

Hi all.  I've just been RTFMing about ADSL modems suitable for use with
Linux.  I've like sometyhing as inexpensive as possible (of course) and
I'd love to hear what others have got going at the moment.

Cheers,
                 Rob

[snip]

We have the following modems working with Linux gateways:

Alcatel Speed Touch Home (using rp-pppoe, this method sucks due to
Telstra's DSLAM equipment)
Lucent CellPipe (50-AS) (basically acts as an Ethernet Bridge)

Also know a guy who is using an Alcatel Speed Touch USB