[H-GEN] QLD Education

Brenton Bills billsb at optushome.com.au
Tue Jun 4 18:58:33 EDT 2002

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 08:20:27AM +1000, Robert Stanford wrote:

> The LTSP Discuss mailing list recently had the following posting.
>
> Is it true, does MS have QLD eductaion tied up in an exclusive licensing
> contract? If so does anyone know much about the details?
>
> > by the User Agreement that Ed Qld. has signed with Microsoft to use
> > standard Operating Systems - Windows N.T 4 - in all schools. I believe
> > it is a 5 year

Hi Robert,

I set up a proxy server for a school here in Brisbane using Linux and squid
and I know of another member at HUMBUG that has setup linux machines for
about 4-5 schools on the south side. Although what you are talking about
might have come into play since I did this, which was about 2 years ago. What
about Macs?

Thanks,
	Brenton Bills.