[H-GEN] DNS Pains

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Wed Jul 31 04:16:50 EDT 2002

Bruce Campbell wrote:

| However, Greg, I'd advise against mentioning djb on this list.  Thats more
| akin to advising Muslims to eat Dutch Chicken Pieces than useful advice.

This advice puzzles me.  I can find nothing in the list charter
that requires that people should avoid suggesting specific
software tools when they are useful for solving a particular
problem.

If I had said something inflammatory, I'd understand.  But that
was not the case here.  I did not even suggest that Nikolai
should stop using BIND (and I would not make such a suggestion),
merely that he might like to use some of djb's query utilities.

If there's something important that I've just missed, please
enlighten me.  If it's just that some people don't like djb,
that's hardly news -- nor is it any kind of reason to avoid
using his software.

Greg