[H-GEN] apt-get problem with Debian,

Tim Kent Tim.Kent at centrixsystems.com.au
Tue Jul 30 19:36:38 EDT 2002

Maybe you have 'stable' in your sources file.
Debian has just released version 3.0 as stable, so it probably wants to upgrade lots of things.
You could change the 'stable' to 'potato' in your sources.list and then do a 'apt-get update' again, this will give you access to the 2.2 packages.

Regards
Tim

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 00:58, Martin C wrote:
> Could any kind soul shed some light on my problem.
> Im trying to install some basic packages, php4 or squid, and apt-get gives
> me a huge list of packages that will be REMOVED! and installed,
> as per following screenshot:

Pretty strange, having to remove gnome in order to install php4, whats
the contents of your /etc/apt/sources file?
Also, have you recently changed anything in the sources file?

Robert Stanford