[H-GEN] iptables talk > coverage wanted.

Snowy Angelique Maslov aka 'Snowpony' snowy at snowy.org
Sun Jul 28 00:42:58 EDT 2002

On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, Matthew Taylor wrote:

> just a few quick thoughts on what I'd like to see in an iptables talk.
>
> example of completely blocked firewall (including blocking icmp's etc)
> above relaxed to allow (say) ssh or http in.
>  -allow ssh from anywhere
>  - allow ssh from a specific domain only, or range of ip no's.
>
> other firewall effects?
>
> nat for connecting two lans together.
> nat for connecting a lan to ISP.
>
> other nat requirements?

I'd chime in with wanting to know about upgrading from ipchains to iptables
and common gotchas.   Also what the current support of NAT for various
applications are in iptables.

--
Snowy Angelique Maslov aka Snowpony   My [ www.vulpine.pp.se/cgi-bin/furcode ]
 |\=  http://www.snowy.org/          Art FEHuw3acdm A+ C- Dm++ H+++ M++++ P+++