[H-GEN] Sendmail - sent messages

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Mon Jul 22 20:31:15 EDT 2002

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, David Duffy wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi David :)

> I have several Win98SE client machines using Eudora that access
> our server via IMAP. What I would like to do is save a copy of every
> sent message to the users "sent-mail" mail directory on the server.
> Is this possible to do with Sendmail? I did check the man pages but

I've been asked this exact question before.

Sendmail can easily trap (and copy or whatever) mail destined for local
delivery, as all you need to do is make procmail your local delivery agent
(LDA) or tie procmail in to whatever your LDA is.

Having it do this for mail which is passing through (such as any mail
outbound mail from your clients) is more difficult.  I haven't played with
sendmail milters (mail filters) yet but they should be able to do it as
this is how Spam Assassin filtering for mail passing through is done.
Milters are quite new but perhaps someone has played with them.  I
certainly do plan to look at them at some stage as they appear to be very
useful.

Cheers,
	-Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119
   avon: up 12 days,  8:14,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00