[H-GEN] router woes (no longer redhat specific)

Matthew Taylor bmatthewtaylor at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 17 07:40:53 EDT 2002

Previous replies fixed most of my problems (thanks), but now I'm getting
hung up on routing.

I did have a problem with not being able to get adsl connection on a
genius GF100TXR III series 10/100 nic. Pinging between boxes on this
card worked fine. A little reading and I found a note in the roaring
penguin 'adsl-start' script that rang alarm bells, users of 'tulip'
drivers being referred to www.scyld.com, tried the rpm provided, no
success, went back to an 'old faithfull' ne2000 card, adsl works fine.

Routing problems:
router can ping client box.
client box can ping router.
router can ping/access anything on 'net via pppoe using telstra adsl.

I've attached copy of output from ifconfig & route on both my router & a
client box, I'm pretty sure I'm missing a gateway entry on either/both
the client/router box, suggestions? sample route tables from existing
setups?

one other niggling question

- I am currently doing
'modprobe ne io=0x300' in /etc/rc.d/rc.local to load the ne driver,
I should be able to do something like
'alias eth1 ne io=0x300' in /etc/modules.conf
but that didn't seem to work, different syntax?

Mat.
(aka docbert)