[H-GEN] Monitor conversion - GB to RGB

Sandra Milne silne at optushome.com.au
Thu Jul 11 03:43:13 EDT 2002

At 17:31 11/07/2002 +1000, you wrote:

>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>One of my screens at home has lost its red colour.
>
>I'm interested in hearing from anybody who thinks s/he knows a
>cheap and easy fix for this.

The easy fix is to get a new monitor. not cheap, but then I believe (and no
I'm not a monitor technician) that the CRT is damaged and to replace it
would either be impossible or more than a new monitor is worth.
You could also try playing with the cord, as I"ve had monitors that
appeared to have lost a colour but it was just a loose cord going into the
back of the monitor. Also once had a bent pin that caused a colour to go
missing. Paperclip works well to retreive it.

Sandra.

silne at optushome.com.au
ICQ: 7632763
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne