[H-GEN] debian on laptop

Steven_Shaw at adc.com Steven_Shaw at adc.com
Thu Jul 4 23:57:23 EDT 2002

>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>On Fri, 5 Jul 2002, Mark Suter wrote:
>> I'd be happy to help.  A great start would be to download and
>> burn one of the following CD images.  These aren't "official;"
>> however, I've used them several time over the last few weeks to
>> do Debian GNU/Linux installs without any problems.
>>
>>     http://www.debian.org/CD/netinst/

Thanks, Mark.

>I just burnt the latest copy from http://www.phy.olemiss.edu/debian-cd/
>and will have it at the meeting, if its of any use.

That's great thanks. My internet connection is only 32.2k :-)

>The other question would be, what type of laptop?  Some of them can be
>a little tricky to get going.

It's a dell inpiron 8000.
In the past I've tried installing mandrake 8.0 and progeny 1.0 but failed to get
 either working.
I also tried vmware under windows xp home but that was broke too...
I'm really missing linux!

cheers,
Steve.