[H-GEN] Request for Processors

z_evil1 z_evil1 at ihug.com.au
Thu Jul 4 11:09:34 EDT 2002

Greetings, folks...

 I know this isn't really a Unix or Linux question, but this group
includes an awful lot of cluey IT people, so I'm hoping you won't mind too
much if I...

 Beg for Processors!

 That is, any old ceramic-cased lidded processors, from old 386SX-25s all
the way up to current Athlons. If you don't want 'em any more, and they
are otherwise headed for the bin, I'd be more than glad to have 'em.

 Here's the kicker - they don't even have to work! That's right, even if
they are dead dead dead, I am still interested. My only caveat is that
no-one else wants them or has a better use for them.

 How come, I hear you ask? The answer is simple. I have mastered the fine
art of turning a processor into a keyring, that is, removing the lid
protecting the die from the dusty, dirty outside world and revealing it's
shiny, iridescent prettiness to the eyes of the world. Of course, this
destroys the processor (they might run for a short amount of time without
lid, I haven't tried that yet) so I'm only after ones otherwise bound for
landfill.

 Oh - and if you should ever want to lay eyes on the marvellous intricacy
of a bare processor die, bring your processors to me, and I'll be glad to
remove the lid for you.

 (I don't get to too many meetings these days, unfortunately, so if I'm
not there, please press your unwanted processors on Tony Bilborough -
he'll pass them on to me, and I will be profoundly grateful. I'm also
interested in dead mobile phones and other dense pieces of electronics -
they have lots of useful bits in them. Yummy.)

 And as for the other direction - I've got two LabTams (model MT320) and a
VAXstation 3100, if anyone is interested. The former come from the
marvellous HUMBUG skip, and date from Linux.Conf. I don't have a use for
them, so, anybody interested,let me know!

 Thanks in advance.

 Regards, Vince