[H-GEN] Tape drive usage

Patrick Nichols pat at humbug.org.au
Mon Jul 1 04:43:20 EDT 2002

Folks,

I've finally procured a tape drive for work, and after all the wait can
start doing nightly backups.

I have enough capacity on a single tape to hold all the information off the
server.

My question is, what is the best software to use?

How do I manage all the different tapes, and monitor usage of each one?

What software is already written to do all of this?

I'm guessing using standard utilities is better than fancier ones, in that
you can boot off just about any bootable linux cd and restore from that.  I
don't want to have to reinvent the wheel, what does everyone else do?

--
Regards,
Patrick.