[H-GEN] Testing wireless networking at Humbug meeting

Russell Mathews russellm at humbug.org.au
Thu Jan 31 22:49:09 EST 2002

HI All,
	Consider when a wireless mesh is running and one member then turns
up to a Humbug meeting, and logs on through the UQ.  Everyone will then
have full Internet access, or am I missing something.
	Legally, then, per the Telecommonications Legislation, I believe,
Humbug may be a telecommunications carrier, and need licencing.

Cheers,
Russell G H Mathews BCom(Q'ld) BSc(Q'ld)
Member of the Standing Committee of Convocation of
    The UNIVERSITY of QUEENSLAND
Accountant, Mathematican, Computer Logician, Taxpayer's Advocate
Australian Securities and Investment Commission Agent.
					Ph: (07) 3870-9772
254 HAWKEN DRIVE, ST LUCIA  Q  4067

e-mail: russellm at humbug.org.au
[HUMBUG = Home Unix Machine Brisbane Users Group]

http://www.geocities.com/nightmare4telstra/
http://www.geocities.com/uqscrutiny/