[H-GEN] Beating the linux.conf.au 2002 drum

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Tue Jan 15 00:50:15 EST 2002

Hello HUMBUG,

Have you paid for your linux.conf.au 2002 ticket yet? If not, why not?

linux.conf.au is one of the world's premier technical Linux conferences:
we've got the best speakers from home and abroad, covering the whole gamut
of things you can do with Linux, and if there's no one giving a talk on
your favourite area, there's almost certainly someone else coming who'll
happily join you in a BOF on it. The number and quality of talks we've
got scheduled compares quite favourably against overseas conferences
in the same style, like the North American _Ottowa Linux Symposium_
(http://www.linuxsymposium.org), or the European _Linux Kongress_
(http://www.linux-kongress.de).

linux.conf.au is one of the cheapest technical Linux conferences: OLS
costs around $300 CND which is about $370 AUD, Linux Kongress costs 200
euros for the two day conference, and 90 euros for preceeding tutorials
which is about $520 AUD. Half day training courses in technical topics
alone often cost $100-$200, and for about that price you're getting two
half day tutorials from experts in the topics, as well as entry to two
conferences with talks from world leaders in all the topics.

linux.conf.au 2002 will be the only technical Linux conference in Brisbane
for a number of years: next year's conference is expected to be all the
way over in Perth, and after that the conference will almost certainly
pass through Canberra, Melbourne and Sydney before it has any chance
of returning here. Some of the Sydney people would be a lot happier if
linux.conf.au was held there every year, and if the locals here don't
make a good showing when it's right on our doorstep, how can we complain?

linux.conf.au is *the* Australian Linux Hackers conference: if you want
to find out what's happening with Linux in Australia, this is the place to
be; if you want to talk to people who're spending money doing things with
Linux and might be looking to hire people, this is the place to be; if
you want to show off the cool things you've been doing with Linux without
having to spend thousands of dollars and take a week off to go overseas,
this is the place to be. If you're into Linux, if you're using it as
part of your day job or planning on doing so, this is the place to be.

So, come on people: three weeks until the biggest Linux event in Brisbane
*ever*, and you *still* haven't registered? You're not gunna let a bunch
of flowers show more support for Linux in Australia than you, are you?

Cheers,
aj

The daffodils are coming. Are you?
      linux.conf.au, February 2002, Brisbane, Australia
                                --- http://linux.conf.au/