[H-GEN] Anti-social behaviour at Humbug meeting

Greg Black gjb at humbug.org.au
Sat Feb 2 21:44:26 EST 2002

I was disappointed to see people making explicit probes against
one of my machines at the Humbug meeting last night -- I don't
regard this as reasonable in any way and I don't want to see it
become a habit.

If somebody announces that a machine is providing a certain
service, then it's reasonable to access that service in the
normal manner.  But it's not reasonable to just start probing a
machine for services that would not be offered in a million
years.

The culprits know who they are.  I really hope this won't be an
ongoing annoyance.  We're supposed to be functioning in an
environment of co-operation and mutual help, not practising for
black hat gatherings.

Greg