[H-GEN] Testing wireless networking at Humbug meeting

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Fri Feb 1 02:08:24 EST 2002

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002, Paul Gearon wrote:
> In other words, Humbug meetings are likely to be outside the effective
> physical range of the Brisbane mesh (unless someone in engineering sets up
> an omnidirectional antenna and a directional link to someone else in the
> mesh).

Except for the node being built on top of the building next store (General
Purpose South) :-)

However, I think the clear thing is that there is nothing wrong with
people bringing wireless equipment to HUMBUG and playing with it so long
as they only draw traffic through Hydra and their own HUMBUG local[1]
network.

Cheers,

Raymond

[1] where local is defined as whatever the exec thinks is reasonable.