[H-GEN] dhcp issues

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 20 21:01:08 EST 2002

At 11:13 21/12/2002 +1000, you wrote:

>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>Can you past up the contents of
>
>/etc/default/dhcp

this is what I've put in it:

INTERFACES="eth0"

I've applied suggested changes to dhclient.conf, and after restarting the
networking interfaces and the dhcp server, it *knock on wood* seems to be
working as it should. Hopefully this is going to persist.

Thanks for your help folks. If I have any problems with setting IPTables
rules for certain IP addresses I'll be sure to ask ;-)  [BTW as an aside,
the drop rules for certain ports that somebody posted the other week work
great. My dns server is now running smoothly and my b0x is locked down as
tight as I can get it without removing the network cable ;-) ]

Sandra.
silne at optusnet.com.au
http://members.optushome.com.au/silne
"[The Starships Enterprise] are like bra sizes; when you go up a letter
they get
bigger and more impressive."
             -- Kewl Quote from Slashdot Post.