[H-GEN] Web log analysers

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Mon Dec 16 17:04:24 EST 2002

On Tue, Dec 17, 2002 at 07:44:40AM +1000, Paul Clarke wrote:
> I am looking for a web log analyser for my Debian & apache server.
> Apt-cache search returns:
> Awstats, modlogan, and webalizer.
>
> I have had a quick look at Webalizer and it looks pretty good.
>
> What are your thoughts and opinions?

If you're going into log-processing, have a look at what the people
of LogReport have made (http://www.logreport.org). It's a framework
to process logfiles of different applications and generate the same
kind of output for the same services (like reports for postfix,
sendmail, qmail: it's all the same email-report, only the convertors
differ)

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org