[H-GEN] Re: [mesh] Confused: PCMCIA 802.11 will work on Brisbane City Council Wireless NetWork, but does it work on 10Gb

ToNy BilbRough mtbilbro at bigpond.net.au
Sat Dec 14 06:50:23 EST 2002

G'day Adrian et al,
thank you for your patience with all those answers. Like Guy, I was a
bit confused at the meeting last night, and Inglish is mostly a native
tongue to me.
Guy is a Frog [fair dinkum - Parisian I think].
They are a strange lot, you know. He kisses my wife 3 times on the
cheek, not once or twice! Game fella, I can tell you. I wouldn't ever
try that.
[ed - which cheek?]

*Anyhow
At one point I was worried that the meet would drift into semantics.
Worse still, legal semantics. And we all know that 99.99% of lawyers
give the remaining bloke a bad name.
However a morass prevailed, and we eventually got to hear a wider
selection of points of view, over that single interjector. But thanks
for the picture, bloke. It was great.

A really heavy thanks to the meeting co ordinator [it had the makings of
a tough job, and I was impressed with the way you kept it all together]
And to Mark and Matthew afterwards, for their explanations on the
aerials.
[Matthew, I knew I would loose that bit of paper - can you email me -
off list?]

I have asked a friend in the waste recycling to 'pull' all the  Galaxy
antennas for us, before they hit the big bins.
And have already scored a working 'decoder' - though confess that I have
no idea if it will be any use to 'BrisMesh Rules - ko' group.

I would really like to be involved in an Aerial Hunt, asap. One lesson
is all, then we can make up a hunt group of our own.

I look forward to 'dumping a load of bits' for who ever, at the next
meet -   February 1, I believe. 10 am onwards until Humbug?
Is tute called 'Ann's Aerial Workshop'?
Do we have a venue?

Now on to more serious bits.
I was given a couple of Digital Venturis fp 575 boxen.
And told it was the ideal router for this project [3 isa slots and 2
pci]
However I have just  spent a rather fruitless day trying to upgrade the
bios so it will take a 2 Gb hdd [the bios only see's up to 16 heads -
not 60 + needed.
Ah hem -- I would be more than happy to hand over one to the person who
can lead me to a successful upgrade.
Before spurious comment flows........
I have already 'done' the official site, and tried the 000000o9 and
000000bl installation.
No workee. - failed again - sigh
I suspect I am not doing something quite rite! History repeats, I fear
Shades of Humbug when I destroyed a mobo, on a bios upgrade.

Look forward to hearing Ann talk to us at Humbug next Saturday
plug follows ...........