[H-GEN] Linux related work in Bris vegas?

Ben Martin monkeyiq at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Aug 26 11:08:27 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 23:23, Paul Gearon wrote:

> On Mon, 26 Aug 2002, Ben Martin wrote:
>
> <snip/>
> > The main problem I've had there is that most companies (from what I have
> > seen) want the 'feel good' factor of Linux, ie. the perception that they
> > are keeping up with things and not missing any developments. But they
> > don't *really* want it. So they end up with a token 486 running
> > Linux+apache and claim that the company is Linux friendly. It may just
> > be that I've had a bad run of interviews.
>
> That sounds more like a sysadmin interview.  When you're writing code
> you're either developing for Linux or you aren't.

Most of those interviews were for Java work, because I haven't really
seen many companies actually looking for C++ Linux coders in Bris vegas.

> Well maybe that's not quite true if you're trying to write portable code,
> but if you're on an embedded system then it certainly is.  :-)

hehehehe. well, if you cast aside the monstered versions of Linux to not
have a MMU etc. :) Linux!=Linux or something <beavis/>

http://witme.sourceforge.net/libferris.web/