[H-GEN] Text Search and Replace @ shell prompt

theticus at excite.com theticus at excite.com
Sun Aug 25 18:05:54 EDT 2002

 Hi Everyone!

Need your help!

I've been given html files which were created in Windows and of course, they includes mixtures of lower and upper case for folder names.

But when on UNIX/Linux server, all those folders didn't come up coz html is looking for upper/lower case folder name within the file. Some files work if they match the name of the folder name. If one or two files, I would have gone through patiently in "vi" and change them but I have over 1000+ files. :-(

What I want is, is there a shell prompt command that I can give search pattern and replace them within the given entire folder? I heard that "awk" would do but I'm not up to that yet.

Thanks in advance.

Theticus..