[H-GEN] Looking for a 13w3 -> vga adapter(And sync conversion)

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Sun Aug 18 19:25:51 EDT 2002

On Sun, Aug 18, 2002 at 01:56:49PM +1000, Electra Flarefire wrote:
> Do you know if the SGI's use compisate or seportite sync(like the SUNs
> do)?

The Indy at least lumps the horizontal and vertical syncs together on
one of the pins (pin 3), but some 13w3 connectors (and some SGI machines)
use pins 4 and 5 to provide horizontal and vertical respectively.

There's plenty of information out on the net as to what display boards
provide what signals.

Check the below urls for some more information on what signals are
going across what pins.

http://www.monitorworld.com/Cables/video_standards.html#13W3SGI
http://www.monitorworld.com/Cables/video_standards.html#13W3SUNCOLOR

> I've been thinking of bulidng a sync seporator at one stage so I can plug
> my cute little VGA monitor into the cute little SpardClassic..

I've found plenty of schemtics on the net for the above purpose.
Google will reveal all.

--
David Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Bytecomm Pty Ltd