[H-GEN] IP Filter Talk

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Thu Aug 15 13:47:58 EDT 2002

Robert Stanford wrote:

| On Thu, 2002-08-15 at 18:59, Greg Black wrote:
|  learned it from K&R and think very
| > fondly of it for that reason.
|
| I can undersrtand why, I wanted to learn some C and several people
| recommended K&R. An excellent book (sofar) that makes what appeared to
| be a difficult topic, understandable.

It is excellent, but it's important to take note of the latest
errata at <http://cm.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/cbook/2ediffs.html>,
especially the significant set that have never made it into
printed editions.

And of course, groups like Humbug have members who have the
skills to help understand the book when the going gets tough and
who can help develop beyond the book when the time comes for
that.

Greg