[H-GEN] IP Filter Talk

Electra Flarefire electra at humbug.org.au
Wed Aug 14 18:41:27 EDT 2002

On Wed, 14 Aug 2002, Nikolai Lusan wrote:

> For those of you interested i will be giving an IP Filter talk at this
> weeks meeting. The talk will cover a small amount of historical stuff
> (ipchains and ipfwadm) and some basic info on what a firewall is and
> what it offers. I will be centering on the current IP Filter (iptables)
> model used by linux. The talk will start at 7pm, eat first, and will be
> followed by a small panel to cover any in depth questions not covered in
> the talk.

If I can make a suggestion.. Photocopied refrence notes would be very
handy to have/give out/let others copy..
(Or a postscript file one can print out at home?)

Not everyone uses iptables yet and it would be quite usefull to know.

--
Electra Flarefire - Cute Fire-lizard    | for (i=0; i<100; i++) {
http://www.scalehaven.com/electra/	|   kb_wait();