[H-GEN] newbie-mounting a second hard drive.

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Fri Aug 9 23:38:31 EDT 2002

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Annerley Al wrote:

> Yo. I want to be able to read a file from a (corrupted?) hard drive.
>
> The file was in win xp format, but I stuffed up the disk when I had it
> connected to a Linux machine.

What did you do to it exactly?

> So can some kind soul please tell me the corresponding mantra for mounting
> a second hard drive?

Other have covered this I see :)

Do a fdisk -l on the drive under Linux.  This will show you the
partition table.  It would be worth posting this.

How salvegable the filesystem is really depends on what happened to it.
It might be fine or it might not.  Tell us in more detail what happened
and we'lll see if we can help.

If you can wait you could bring the box to the next Humbug for experienced
members to have a look at.

Cheers,
	-Rob

-- Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119