[H-GEN] Number of 'named' processes spawned?

Robert Kearey mammal at optushome.com.au
Wed Apr 24 01:51:30 EDT 2002

Tony Melia (DMS) wrote:

> How do I limit the number of 'named' processes spawned by the Caching
> name server in RH 7.2?  It has spawned 5, they take about 5M each, but I
> only need 1 or 2 since we have very few users.  Checked config files and
> google groups, but nothing listed.

Do you mean nscd? That's the name-service caching daemon, not be be
confused with a caching nameserver package, which is just a default
caching config for bind.

It's a very frugal service, hardly worth the worry, but if you insist a
quick look at /etc/nscd.conf will give you the info you need.

> Tony Melia MCSE, MCP, MCP+I

[yow, disclaimer-from-hell snipped]

--
Rob K - Ich mag Chips mit brauner Soße