[H-GEN] Anti-Virus software for linux

hphillips at 4ward.com.au hphillips at 4ward.com.au
Mon Apr 22 18:52:08 EDT 2002

>  > I know they are Russian so they can say anything and get away with it.
>
> I will let you get away with that because of the .ru domain, but be very
> careful about how you use the term russian, I would hate to have to
> brand you a racist :)

Ok, I didn't mean that quite like you took it, and I am sorry if it caused offence. What I meant was that the Russian laws regarding advertising probably offer less protection than we are accustomed to here in Australia.

If what I suspect is true (other replies basically confirmed it) and they are lying through their teeth, what would I be able to do to get my money back? Apply for an extradition order? Fly over there, knock on their door and demand it? Take them to the local small claims court?

As for being racist, well I try my dammed hardest not to judge people until I meet them (I plan on meeting some of you in person at the humbug meeting). Like it or not everybody has some prejudices to some extent. The trick is to be aware of them and not let them effect you when they come up and you need to make a decision. Some of you may think you don't have any prejudices, but if I talked to you I could find a prejudice within the first 10 minutes (if it took me that long). It may not be based on race, it could be income level, education level or just about any other category that humans can be measured against one another.